Wednesday 2 January 2013

OK, so this blog will document my ride around as much of Australia as possible in the 3 months I have, and what better way is there to see the country than on two wheels!!! Hopefully I'll be able to post some interesting pictures from around the place, as well as some videos as I ride around.

I plan on heading off from Gloucester (NSW) tomorrow. A few days ride off-road will see me heading north up into Queensland with a quick stop in Brisbane, where I will replace the current chain and sprockets on the bike. From there the plan is to continue north, up into the top end with some longer stops in Cairns, Darwin and Broome. There will no doubt be some amazing storms (it is the wet season after all!) whilst I am riding through the top end. I just hope I'm not caught in them whilst on the bike! After completing the top end of Australia, I'll head south down to the southern coastline where from around the WA/SA border I'll travel across the Nullarbor. Hopefully once I reach Adelaide  I'll be able to have a quick stop and say g'day to my uncle, before moving on to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road. From there, no set plan is in place as I head back into NSW, but all in all it should be a great trip!




With all the maintenance done (or for the most part) and the bike packed, I think I'm ready to head off!

No comments:

Post a Comment